Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

6.14.2012

The Last Humming Bird

This is the first time playing with Pals Paper Arts. The challenge this week (PPA136) was a colour challenge. In order to participate, you had to use Real Red, Night of Navy and Whisper White in your design.


Here's what I came up with:



It's hard to tell in the photo, but I interlocked two frames that I cut out with the Labels Collection Framelits and then cut out the inner pieces the same way so that everything would fit nicely together. Cool, eh?! Before gluing everything down, I stamped the floral image from Elements of Style and if you've been following my blog, you'll notice I used that humming bird again (!) from the same stamp set. I promise, that's the last of my humming bird cards for a while. :)

I embossed the card front with the NEW fan embossing folder from SU! and then created a flower with folded ribbon. The Real Red Grosgrain ribbon that I used is retired now, but it's the only ribbon I had in that colour. I threw in some hat pins (also retired), glued on my humming bird and viola!

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty! 
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a stunning bow! The texture is fabulous, and I love how you interlocked the framelits! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool ribbon technique...you're on a ribbon roll lately, lady! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!