Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

6.12.2012

Mash It Up!

I love playing with the ladies over at Friday Mashup! so I had to post again today. Lucky you! This week's challenge was to use the sketch, incorporate birds in your design, or to "Mash It Up" and use the sketch AND birds. Again, I just had to mash it. :)

Here's the sketch:

 
And here's my creation:



What do you think?

As I mentioned in a previous post, I just recently inked up Elements of Style and I've been using it a lot! Since this stamp set has a humming bird in it, I thought it would work well for this challenge.

First, I stamped the floral image in Soft Suede ink on a piece of First Edition Specialty Paper - love that stuff! I created a frame by nesting two framelits from the Labels Collection to create kind of an abstract window. Seam Binding Ribbon in Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake add some texture - the first I scrunched across the card and the latter was used to create a rosette. The white daisy and hat pins are retired SU! product, but thought they added something to the card. Lastly, I accented my flower with a lovely Vintage Brad and added my cut-out Cherry Cobbler humming bird in order to "Mash It Up".

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

3 comments:

  1. SO pretty! Love the soft colours and those hat pins just *make* this card! Wonderful interpretation of the sketch.

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of fun details on your card! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, and I agree with Heidi, love all the details!

    So glad you joined us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!