Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

6.27.2012

Mash It!

I'm back today with another challenge creation. I just love playing over at The Friday Mashup! It's such a fun challenge because you always have several options. The ladies always give you two options and then a third one to "mash it up" and mix both together. I usually decide to "mash it up" because it's like combining two challenges in one. :) Here's this week's theme:

You could choose to: 1. Make a project with a "party theme", 2. Make a "box in a bag" - Amanda Corbet was grateful to provide a tutorial for this! or 3. "Mash it up" and make a project with both. Well, you already know that I decided to "mash it up"! Here's what I came up with:


I actually was in need of a wedding/shower card and thought this challenge was perfect because I can use the "box in a bag" for a gift card or money. Adds a little something extra to the gift, I think. As soon as I saw the Fan Fair DSP in the new catty, I thought the bicycle pattern would work well with the Wedding Wheels stamp brush set in MDS. This is certainly not your typical wedding card! It kind of has a county/vintage feel to it I think...

I used the Labels Collection framelits for the image cutout & border, and also for the closure on the bag (but it's hiding behind the ribbon). I used MDS for the image, so I guess this is a bit of a hybrid card. I also discovered that one of the cute new labels from the Little Labels punch pack fit the "Mr. & Mrs." stamp from the set Tiny Tags. I accented the Bride with tiny pearls and the card with Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon and some (retired) Hat Pins.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome wedding ensemble! You did a great job with your "hybrid" project. Love it. Thanks for playing at The Friday Mashup!

    Sheri (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Steph! Please bring it with you to our next meeting for show and share...it would be great to show people what a hybrid project can look like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! I love the pearls at the bottom of the dress, and how you put everything together. You've done a great job! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun set! I'm sure the bride and groom will be very happy to see such a beautiful card and bag. I love how you added the pearls to the stamped bride! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great project! Love the bicycle paper with that stamp set - and the little labels punches are too cute. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!