Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

6.15.2012

Colour for The Paper Players

This week I had the opportunity to play with The Paper Players! It was a fun colour challenge because the colours are fabulous and they just look so great together! Here's the colour scheme:

Banners are all the rage now... especially so since SU! just released some Bitty Banners Framelits in the recent catty. They are so adorable! Well, I didn't use them on this card, but used them as inspiration. I cut all my banners by hand using a mix of card stock and ribbon.

For this card, I used the Basic Gray Striped Ribbon (that just retired). I haven't used it until this card... so it was time to create something with it! Then I added Melon Mambo & Lucky Limeade card stock in different widths. I embossed all the hand-cut banners with different embossing folders and my oh-so-loved Big Shot!

I accented with a Melon Mambo button (retired) and the Lucky Limeade Organdy Ribbon that I stocked up on from the last SAB. :) I thought it added a little something extra treading it through the button and fanning it out.

What do you think?



Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cool and funky card, love the banners and the way you have embossed them. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card, Steph! My favourite element is the ribbon threaded through the button...going to have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!