Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

6.13.2012

Battle of the Demos

Ok, not really. But our Demo group, lead by our fabulous leader, Leena Girsa of A La Cards had a "back to basics" challenge that I just loved! Here's what we were given:
  • Two pieces of DSP:  4x6 and 2x6
  • Whisper White CS 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
  • Rich Razzleberry 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
  • Tempting Turquoise 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
  • Daffodil Delight 4 x 5 1/4 and 2 x 5 1/4
  • Island Indigo 4 x 51/4
  • Real Red 2 1/2 x 5 1/2
  • Tangerine Tango 2 1/2 x 5 1/2
  • Card Bases in Real Red, Lucky Limeade and Whisper White
  • 12" of Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon
  • 16" of Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon
  • 18" of Lucky Limeade baker's twine
  • 5 brights buttons
  • 2 glimmer brads
The goal was to create as many projects from the supplies - no BIG SHOT, but we could use any stamps and punches we had in our possession. I admit, I was stuck for a long while because I absolutely love using the Big Shot and just felt lost without it. I just didn't think I could create a "wow" factor without it. Finally, I told myself just to start cutting and it wasn't long before I got down to business.

Here's what I came up with:











What do you think? I'm sure you've noticed that humming bird again! :)

We had to make at least 2 full cards, and in addition to that, I made 2 bottle tags, 1 bookmark, 5 teeny tiny gift tags, 1 mini card, 2 mini tags and 1 "scrapling". That's 14 projects!

I urge you to give this a try. It's lots of fun and you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish when you go "back to the basics".

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing what you all came up with as a result of the challenge. You rocked it, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!