Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

6.28.2012

Stipples and Blossoms

I just can't express my love enough for the new Stippled Blossoms stamp set from SU! It's so beautiful and two-step stampin' adds so much to a project!

Today I have another challenge card - seems to be my theme this week. I participated in challenge number 101 over at The Paper Players. This week's challenge was a sketch challenge. Here's the sketch:


As I often do with sketches, I turn them every which way until I find an angle that "speaks to me". For this challenge, I opted to create my card by flipping the sketch horizontally. Here's the card I came up with:



I originally wanted to use Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum and Raspberry Ripple... but I just couldn't get the Raspberry Ripple to work. You know how sometimes you get a vision in your head... but then it just doesn't turn out that way on paper?! That's what happened with my original vision - even though it was AMAZING in my head. ha.

Instead, I decided to keep it fairly natural with just the two colour tones. After omitting the Raspberry Ripple, I added the Victoria Crochet Trim - and I think that turned out fabulously. I also added some teeny tiny pearls (those take patience!) and some paper piercing using the new Essentials Paper Piercing Pack. I LOVE those templates!! I embossed the one strip with one of the beautiful folders from the new Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. I sponged the entire thing in Perfect Plum so that it really pops!

I added my sentiment by stamping one from Petite Pairs and punched it out with the Modern Label punch (such a versatile punch!). I folded it to create a ribbon/banner look to it and added a knotted piece of the Victoria Crochet Trim. I finished off by stamping some more blossoms on the inside.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the natural colors and the touch of lace. The inside is just as fabulous as the outside! Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Ann's opinion, Steph. This card is just stunning! I love the elegant simplicity of it! Well done with the colour combo too...I think this is one of my favourite cards by you. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!