Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.31.2015

DSP Butterfiles


Good morning! Hope you had a wonderful work week. Today I hope to bring you a little inspiration for the weekend. I'm heading up north for a couple of days and this is one of the cards I'm bringing along with me to assemble. Check it out:


Originally, this was going to be a swap card for my team, but plans changed. Do you have a ton of DSP or patterned paper and you're not sure what to do with it? Maybe you have a drawer full of scraps? Well, I often grab a few of my punches and randomly punch different shapes from my scrap drawer and save the pieces in baggies to use at a later date. I usually do butterflies, flowers and circles.


For this card, I used the large and small butterflies, layered them and then used some Gold Sequins and a tiny pearl in the middle. The trick to layering the DSP pieces is to not think about or pay too much attention to what patterns and colours you're putting together. I haven't come across something that doesn't work yet!



My card base is Pool Party and my layered front is Watermelon Wonder, embossed with the Tiny Triangles TIEF. Once I glued that to the card, I wrapped some Gold Thread around and glued some circles - Crumb Cake is punched with a 1-3/8" circle and the Whisper White is a 1-1/4". I glued those randomly on the front and then popped the butterflies on top with Dimensionals.

Hope you love it and I've inspired you to use some of those scraps!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!