Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.05.2015

Lovely as a Tree

Good morning! Sorry I missed ya on Monday. It was a long weekend here in Ontario and now all of a sudden, it's Wednesday! The time has just slipped away from me...

Anyway, today I'm bringing you a manly card. Last week sometime I found a box of random punch-outs, papers, die-cuts, etc. Some of the stuff I wondered why I even kept it, some I gifted to my children (who were over-the-moon excited!) and some I decided to use and challenge myself to create something with it.

I found a bunch of layered pieces (naturals on an embossed piece of Close to Cocoa?!). It originally measured 5"x5", but I cut it down to fit on a card front and punched a hole with my 2-1/2" Circle Punch. Then I sat there for 20 minutes staring at it, wondering what to do. ha.

I choose to use my Lovely as a Tree set. Check it out:


I stamped one tree image in Lost Lagoon right on the base of the same colour. Then I stamped the leaf image randomly on the neutrals paper and used an image from Gorgeous Grunge and some gold ink to add some splatters.

Before mounting the layered piece to my base with Dimensionals, I added a few pieces of Metallic Gold Twine for some added interest.


Of course you can't forget the inside! I added a few more leaves and some more splatter.

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!