Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

12.02.2012

Frosty Friends for Sketch Week at Sunday Stamps!

It's sketch week over at Sunday Stamps! Monica has prepared a good one this week...

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Festival of Prints DSP
Ink: Island Indigo, Black, Stampin' Write Markers
Stamps: Frosty Friends, Merry Messages (retired)
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots TIEF, Layered Labels Framelits
Accessories: Whisper White Sweater Trim, Jewels


I veered slightly away from the sketch this week, but I think it still works! This is the first time I've gotten a chance to ink up Frosty Friends. Such an adorable Á la Carte stamp. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I stamped on a piece of printed vellum (with snowflakes on it), coloured the image and then puffed up the snowmen for a 3D look.

I added some texture with the Perfect Polka Dots TIEF and what better accent than Sweater Trim?!

Hope you'll play along with us this week!


Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph



4 comments:

  1. This is a super cute card! I love the colour theme you chose and the ribbon is a perfect embellishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I just love what you've done with the snowmen! I was trying to figure out what you did, but couldn't - what a fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tara! Not sure you'll get word that I replied to your comment, but here it goes anyway...

      To puff up the snowmen, you need to stamp on vellum with StazOn ink. Once that's dry, flip the piece over and colour in the areas with Stampin' Write Markers. Once that's dry, lay the piece (still on the side coloured with the markers) on top of a piercing mat and then gently start running a scoring tool around in circles in the areas that you want to puff up. The harder you push, the more it puffs. But don't push too hard where the vellum rips.

      Once you're happy with the way it looks, cover an identically-sized piece of paper with a glue stick. Then take your vellum piece and stick it on top of that, rubbing your fingers across it to stick it all down (but not the puffed up parts).

      Hope that explains things. It's a cool technique for sure!

      Delete
  3. Genius use of the technique, Steph. I've used that "de-bossing" technique before (at least that's what my up-line called it) - but not on snowmen.....it's perfect! Love your layering of the snowman piece on the framelit too. WooooHoooo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!