Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

10.27.2012

Star Ornament

I made a bunch of these last year and am in the process of making them again. They are so much fun and a "wow" when people take a look at them.  There are different tutorials out there on how to make these, but I love Dawn Olchefske's tutorial here.

Ornament is kept closed with the button.
Ornament opening up.
Paper: Jolly Holiday DSP, Old Olive
Accessories: 3/8" Very Vanilla Ribbon, Brights Button
These ornaments are so simple to make and can be addictive too! I make them every year for gifts (they work great as a present decoration too!), my Christmas Tree (it's decorated with all handmade ornaments I've made over the years) and this year, I'll make them for my Craft Fair at the end of November.

I like to use a variety of patterned paper, but you can also use all of the same pattern too. Go watch the tutorial and give 'em a try!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. These would be great for our children's church service

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! "simple", you say?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Steph...I've seen these before but never given them a try. How would you feel about demo'ing them at our next team meeting? I'd provide all the supplies, you just provide the know-how!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!