Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.12.2012

Ribbon Stem Flower

Today's card was inspired by some ribbon weaving I saw online. Thought it would be nice to create a flower stem with it. Have a look:


Paper: So Saffron, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
Ink: Calypso Coral, More Mustard, So Saffron
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Petite Pairs
Tools: Big Shot, Apothecary Accents, Paper Piercing Pack, Modern Label, Blossom Punch
Accessories: Ribbon (retired), Brights Button

The base and layer with the Apothecary Accents Framelit is pretty self explanatory. For the flowers, I stamped the flowers from Fabulous Florets in Calypso Coral ink on Whisper White. I then used my Blender Pen with Calypso Coral, More Mustard and So Saffron ink to get the desired look I wanted. To make my flowers larger so that the proportions would look right with the stem and the card, I punched two flowers in Calypso Coral using my Blossom Punch. Placing the punch behind my stamped flower, I started to bend and fold the petals to align better with the image. For the smaller flower, I cut each of the five petals and glued them behind. I think I achieved the look I was going for.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!