Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.20.2012

Simply Scrappin' Kits Not Just for Scrappin'!

I have several Simply Scrappin' kits and coordinating accents sitting in my craft space - some retired and some current. Since I'm not much of a scrapbooker, I wanted to start using them for cards. Here are some of my first attempts using bits from the retired Nursery Nest suite:



Paper: Pear Pizzazz, WW, Blushing Bride, Marina Mist, Nursery Nest DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Stamps: Baby Boutique, One in a Million
Accessories: Nursery Nest Accents, Baker's Twine, Buttons

I just realized that I didn't use my Big Shot!! It's not very often that that happens and as I've posted before, it's always hard for me to keep things simple. Well, I guess without consciously realizing it, I kept things simple. I guess i have Stampin' Up! kits to thank!

I'm really happy with how these turned out... the colours were pulled right from the Nursery Nest DSP and with "peel and stick" accents, what could be easier?! To accent, I played with different ribbons, but in the end chose my go-to Baker's Twine. I added some super cute buttons to each - two from the Twitterpated set that was in the last Occassions Mini (now retired) and one from the Brights Collection. They're not perfect matches to the other colours in the papers, but work just as well. After all, babies are "cute as a button", so I couldn't resist using some.

I urge you to give using your Simply Scrappin' and Accent kits too. You may be surprised what you come up with. I'm challenging myself this week to use some others too... so stay tuned!

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! It can be easy to let SU do the 'work' with pattern/colour co-ordination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!