Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.16.2013

Drive's Me Crazy!

For all you crafters out there, doesn't it drive you crazy when you see something that's mass-produced that costs more than what you could probably make it for? For example, greeting cards. I have to laugh almost every time someone gives me a card because they almost always apologize to me (!) that it's not one of mine, it's not as beautiful, it's not...

Paper: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, Melon Mambo
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, Patterned Occasions (SAB 2013)
Tools: Big Shot, Cloudy Day TIEF, Ornament Framelits, Heat Tool,
Embossing Powder: Pool Party & Pewter
Accessories: Jewels, Baker's Twine

I'm shocked sometimes what people pay for cards! Yes, I always turn a card over to look. :) I recently received one for my birthday that was $7.99 +tax! It was nice, but it got me thinking about taking cards like that and recreating them Hofkissed style. Hence, the card I'm showing you today.

The card I received had a hot air balloon carrying a cupcake, so that's what I wanted to do too. I didn't have a hot air balloon, so I used the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and coordinating Framelits. It was meant to be! I heat embossed with Pool Party on Pool Party card stock for a tone-on-tone look. The small cupcake from the SAB 2013 set worked perfectly and instead of drawing the ropes on for the balloon, I used Baker's Twine.

I'm really happy with how it came out. I've toyed with the idea of adding more. Thought about adding strips of silver glimmer paper or zig zags in Crushed Curry. Perhaps I will, but I'm also loving the single punch of colour!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. Steph, I love the way you created your balloon. I never would have thought of using the ornament. And using the cupcake for the basket is great.

    Of course, I will now be looking differently at the store-bought cards I receive in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!