Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

3.31.2013

Easter Sunday... and Sunday Stamps!

Happy Easter everyone! If you're visiting from Sunday Stamps, welcome... and so glad you decided to play along with us this week. Hayley has got a great sketch challenge for us this week and since it's Easter, I created an Easter card.



Paper: Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Birds of a Feather DSP
Stamps: Everybunny, Delightful Dozen
Accessories: Raspberry Ripple Satin Stitched Ribbon, Jewels
Techniques: Watercolouring

As you can see, I flipped the sketch. That's the beauty of sketch challenges... it's a base to go on and then you can switch it up slightly and use your imagination. I almost always flip a sketch every which way before I create to see if that sparks some design ideas.

I used my all time favourite Easter set - Everybunny - and even though the DSP wasn't meant to be for Easter, the colours and some of the patterns from the Birds of a Feather DSP pack work perfectly for such a card.

I stamped the egg plant in StazOn and then watercoloured the images with a Blender Pen. I cut the images into banners and popped up a fifth banner with the sentiment on it. For some added texture, I added some of the gorgeous Satin Stitched Ribbon.

I hope you'll play along with us this week. This sketch is sure to spark some creativity... especially when you check out what the rest of the wonderful Design Team has come up with!


Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. I just loved your little "tulips" when I first saw them - they're so darling and so perfectly duplicated! Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for today Steph, love that stamp set. Hope you and your family are having a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!