Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

1.06.2013

Pretty Butterflies

I love butterflies... they're just so free and whimsical. I gravitated to them once again for this week's challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Melissa has a great sketch for us this week and I hope you'll play along with us!

Paper: Patio Party DSP, Whisper White, Watercolour Paper
Ink: Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, Primerose Petals, Summer Starfruit
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri

Tools: Paper Piercing Pack, Mat & Piercer, Boho Blossom Punch, Aqua Painter
Accessories: Button, Whisper White Baker's Twine
Techniques: Watercolouring, Paper Piercing

I'm starting a series tomorrow on my Blog about scraps... and the DSP and watercolour paper I used happened to be in my "scrap" pile. When I saw the tiny butterflies in the Patio Party DSP, I knew I wanted to pair it with the Papillon Potpourri stamp set. I also hadn't used my Aqua Painter in a while, and thought to give that a try also.

I pulled all my colours right from the DSP and after colouring sections on my watercolour paper, I stamped one of the butterfly images, full strength, in each colour. I cut the strip into a banner and then opted to use some Baker's Twine, a flower punch and a button to keep with the softness of the card.

I didn't want to add much more, but thought a few pierced holes in the bottom right corner were in order. :)

Now check out what the rest of the team has done to help inspire you and play along with us. We always look forward to seeing what you create!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph



4 comments:

  1. I love the rainbow of butterflies! What a lovely card you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph,
    I like how you used this layout to design the card. What a great idea to combine that DSP with the Papillon stamp set.
    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce
    peaceloveandjoyce.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm a week behind in visiting blogs... but the silver lining is that I got to scroll through all your "scraps" cards on my way here - How fun!
    Love this card, Steph. What a cool technique. It's so tranquil, but playful with the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you match the butterfly image up with the DSP and the colors really pop behind the butterflies.. Great use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!