Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.01.2012

So Many Reasons to Smile :)

July 1st is a date that brings a smile to my face, for many reasons. First, it's Canada's Birthday - Happy Canada Day! Second, it's the start of my Christmas in July Promo over at Hofkissed. Check out my Facebook page here for more details on that. Third, it also happens to be the start of the "Reason to Smile" campaign with Stampin' Up! If you spend $60 in July, you get the opportunity to buy an EXCLUSIVE stamp set for only $5.00!! Click here to learn more. Lastly, it's a beautiful sunny day here in Cambridge and I got some time to myself to get my hands a little inky... but only after tidying up my workspace - that was loooong overdue! :) Now, aren't those all reasons to smile?!

I can't quite get into the Christmas spirit (besides, I haven't yet ordered any new Christmas stuff from SU!), but I made a Christmas-ish card to start off my Christmas in July Promo. It also happens to fit the challenge over at The Paper Players!
So, like I said, I haven't yet ordered any new Christmas stuff from SU!, so I had to get creative. Here's my card:


Don't you just love when a stamp set can work for many different occasions?! I worked with some retired DSP - Jolly Holiday, and the Stippled Blossoms stamp set - not your typical Christmas stamp set, that's for sure. I think it turned out well, for a Christmas in July card anyway. :) To add some dimension and texture, I ruffled some Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), wrapped some Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine around it and added a tiny tag from the Tiny Tags stamp set and coordinating punch. I popped up my flower that I punched out with the 2 3/8 Scallop Punch and added some teeny pearls to the center.

What do you think?


Again, Happy Canada Day and Merry Christmas... in July!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!