Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

1.31.2018

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives!

I'm excited to share more details with you today on some of my #redboxchallenge cards I created using past Paper Pumpkin Kits. Some pieces dating as far back as 2014! Gasp!!


You may have seen my above teaser on Instagram earlier today. As promised, I will go into more details on some of them... be prepared for a longer-than-normal post. ;)


Above is a quick & simple home decor piece I created with a 5x7" frame. I used the gold letter stickers you got in the June 2016 kit, Banner Surprise. It's not my greatest video (one of my firsts, actually and it's OK to laugh!), but check it out for a tip on getting those letters. ;)


See, a good laugh, right? So many errors... hehe.

Here come a few alternatives that use pieces from as far back as July 2014!! You'll see from the samples below how I combined many of the same pieces to create different designs.


This first one uses some star paper (it really was the "garbage pieces" from the shaker card components!) from the December 2014 kit, All Shook Up. I combined it with a few other elements from the current catalogue - doilies, Stampin' Blends and some paper.


Here's another example... do you see those stars again?! The blue star was a sticker from the July 2014 kit, Wish Big. I combined it again with the Stampin' Blends and the Color Me Happy Stamp Set. The "you" was die-cut with the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies... yours FREE with any $120 order.


Here are the stars again... but totally different card, eh?! On this card though, I used the "garbage piece" from the star stickers and created a background with it. I also combined those same elements, but also used the Epic Celebrations Stamp Set (free with any $60 order) and Shimmer Ribbon (also free with a $60 order). 


One last one with those stars... I know, I had a lot! This time though, I combined those 3-year-old kit pieces with a the recent kit from August 2017, Giftable Greetings. I added some Silver Thread and heat embossing.


These two (actually, I was able to create three), used pieces from the August 2017 kit, Giftable Greetings. I used the "garbage pieces" from the punched out flowers... maybe you see a trend here. haha. The stamp set is from the July 2017 kit, Positively Picturesque.

This last one is one of my favourites! I used the flowers and stamp from the August 2017 kit, Giftable Greetings, the leaves (flipped over to reveal the white side) are from the September 2017 kit, Layered Leaves and the detailed circle is from the October 2017 kit, Pining for Plaid. You'd think they were all from one kit!



As you can see, when you subscribe for a minimum of 3-months, you get a whole bunch of items that can work together to create new projects! Until March 31st is actually the best time to subscribe. When you purchase a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription, you can earn Sale-A-Bration freebies (up to 5!!), save money (on the 6 or 12 month subscriptions) AND, even earn Hostess Dollars when you purchase the 12-month subscription. How cool is that?! If you're considering the 12-month for $295, I highly suggest adding an additional $5 item so that your total gets up to $300, earning you 5 Sale-A-Bration freebies AND $30 in Hostess Dollars!

Hope I've inspired you if you have some of these kits lying around... and if you're not a subscriber, perhaps you're intrigued enough to give it a shot!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!