Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

5.22.2014

Embellishment Center

If you've been following me, you've probably come to realize that I haven't had much time for crafting. Well, a big chunk of my time has been dedicated to reorganizing, decluttering, purging, donating, selling & cleaning up my space! It was time!! Long overdue, actually. With the new catalogue launching soon, I needed to make room for the new stuff and let go of all the things I've been holding on to, but haven't used in more than a year.

I also had to do a major clean-up of my space. When I get creative, I get messy. It's how I roll. But, it was getting to be too much. Over the last several months I'd work until I ended up working in a 5" square space with piles all around me and then tidy up just enough to keep at it. Finally, that wasn't cutting it anymore. I was spending too much time looking for things and not enough time making things.

Today I wanted to share one of the areas I revamped in my space - my "embellishment center". I didn't change the way I organized my stash, but I did move things around slightly. You can read more details on some of my organization tips & tricks here, here & here.

You probably know that I'm a very visual person. If I don't see it (or if it's not labeled properly in a drawer that I can't see into), I don't use it. I especially like to see all my embellishments, paper & punches out on display and within reach. I previously had all my embellishments scattered around me, but now I house them all one area:


  1. Four shelves that hold my ribbons, trims, twines & wooden embellishments. Thank you IKEA & Value Village!
  2. Glass mason jars & wooden dowels hold all my baker's twine.
  3. Glass jars from IKEA (that I repurposed from my kitchen) hold all my flowers, ribbon scraps, clay embellishments & my beloved Washi Tape!
  4. My pride & joy. Repurposed embellishment rack that holds all my brads, buttons, do-dads & whatnots. Love, love, LOVE this spinning unit!

Hope this post helps you to reorganize or revamp a space in your house too!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!