Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

5.14.2013

Better Late Than Never!

I know it's Tuesday... but here's my post from Sunday! It's my design for Sunday Stamps. I had a pretty crazy weekend, not to mention life with a toddler & newborn. ha. I'm lucky if I remember what I'm doing half the time... But, better late than never, right?!  :)


Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Various Stampin' Write Markers
Stamps: Fabulous You, Bitty Banners, Stacks of Wishes
Tools: Big Shot, Labels Framelies, Lacy Brocade TIEF, Boho Blossom Punch, Heat Tool
Accessories: Jewels


This card started out looking like the sketch, I swear! But then it morphed into the card you see above. That's the beauty of sketch challenges... they're an inspiration point. Sometimes you keep it looking exact and sometimes it inspires you to create something completely different!

This was a card I made for my friend's bridal shower over the weekend. I just love the shoe from the Fabulous You stamp set. It's hard to see in the picture, but I stamped the sayings from the Stacks of Wishes hostess stamp set from the Spring Catalogue. I created a background image with them, stamping them randomly both inside and out. It's such a great set because you get so many greetings... plus, the beauty of clear mount allows you to cut them all apart so that you can use them individually, or all together by mounting them on a block again.

Hope you're inspired by Joan's sketch this week. Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team too!


Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I think it's a fabulous interpretation of the sketch! That added bit of sparkle really makes me happy. Great colouring, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!