Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

10.18.2014

Paper Pumpkin - August 2014 Kit

Are you a Paper Pumpkin subscriber? If not, it's so much fun and I encourage you to join! I love the kits, but always challenge myself to design more with it. I'm a bit behind, but today I wanted to share with you the August 2014 kit. Here's a video of what you got and what you were suppose to make. :)

These are the only cards I made that were similar to the featured projects:


The trick for creating many more projects with a kit is to be willing to cut up any pieces you get - I cut up card bases and envelopes to be able to accomplish what you'll see below. In this particular kit, you received four striped card bases... just cutting those in half and mounting on plain card stock would give you eight cards.

These cards use other stamp sets and punches, but I used the "garbage" pieces from the circle punch outs that people would normally throw away. I utilized them as part of my design!


I used two card bases from the kit, cut them in half and strategically used some Framelits to cut pieces for three different card designs, making four of each of these cards:



This one also uses a "garbage" piece - the piece that was left behind from the banners included in the kit. I cut it into quarters, covered the first three banner punch-outs and used the fourth as part of my design. :)


The majority of the circles (that were meant for all the envelope closures), I used to make flowers.


I cut this laser-cut "congrats" down a bit, backed it with part of a pink envelope, added a small scallop border to the bottom and then fussy cut a heart that was meant to be a small note card (you can see that heart in the card following this one).


The kit included eight shaped mini cut out pieces (i.e. the heart below) and four mini card bases. Like the larger card bases, I cut them in half and used them in various ways.



When my husband saw this card, he said "why would you make a card that says "hell". But you can see that the flower is an 'o', right?! I brayered the white piece with the laser-cut "hello" in it and then die-cut it with my Ovals Framelits (the negative was used on the inside).


All in all, I've made 36 full cards (so far)! 


Yes I know, I used other tools, stamps & card stock, but I really made these pieces from the kit go far! Plus, look at all the pieces I still have to work with. I'm thinking I can get another eight cards made with these leftovers. :)


Hope you've enjoyed the inspiration! I always love reading the comments.

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!