Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.27.2014

Ink Fix

Earlier today I posted a picture on Instagram (find it here) about a completed project that landed on top of an open ink pad. Argh! That'll teach me to have a messy cluttered "working" desk because I have several projects on the go. ;) Although, this isn't the first time this has happened, so no lesson learned! ha.

Anyway, here is the fix:


In all honesty, the strip at the bottom really works. It's like it was meant to be! Although, if it were really meant to be there, I would've left more room to the right of the sentiment. :) I used the new (and in my opinion MUST-HAVE) stamp set Flower Patch. It's an awesome Photopolymer stamp set with tons of layering options AND coordinating Framelits!


The inspiration for the card came from some button-holed wood flower pots I had laying around. Having to pack up and move to a temporary space left me searching through my "must haves" of all my craft supplies... and all the stuff I've been hoarding saving for a rainy day. It came down to a "use them or lose them" sort thing.

I stamped the stem in Mossy Meadow and adhered some flower buttons (I'm trying to use more buttons!) to the top with a jewel in the middle of each that I coloured with my darkest Old Olive Blenabilities marker. Love those too!

Anyway, stay tuned tomorrow for something a little different that I've done with the Flower Patch stamp set. You won't want to miss it!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph


RECIPE:
Paper: Summer Starfruit (retired), Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Fresh Prints Paper Stack (retired)
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Stamps: Flower Patch
Accessories: Thick Baker's Twine (Summer Starfruit, retired SAB 2014), Buttons (retired), Jewels

1 comment:

  1. What a great card Steph! And you're right...that strip at the bottom totally looks like it was meant to be there all along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!