Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

1.15.2019

Life's Too Short...

Hello!! It's our monthly Stamping Symphony Blog Hop! It seems the only time I blog lately is for this hop... but you can always see what I'm up to on Instagram or Facebook. ;) This month we're sharing new Occasions & Sale-A-Bration products.


There's not a whole lot involved with my card this time around, but I am using some new and fabulous products, plus, it's a "fun fold" card, and those are always worth blogging about. I actually designed this card for my Monthly Card Fix class this month (you can make it and three others).



Stamping aside (you can use whatever sets you have, or check out exactly what I used below), when the card is closed, it looks like a normal card front, but then you soon discover that it unfolds in a unique way. I think it would bring lots of happy to someone's face! I chose a single colour pallet and I love the coordination Stampin' Up! offers... there's nothing like it! I was able to easily create this card by matching cardstock, ink & even ribbon - ribbon that you can earn for FREE with a $60 order (until March 31st).

Now back to the stamping part, I only used one colour of ink for the card and achieved the different shades by "stamping off" my images. I did do a little bit of colouring with my Highland Heather Blends.


The fold is pretty easy. The card base is a normal A2 fold (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") and it's the inside that needs a little tweaking. I used a piece of Whisper White Cardstock cut to 6" x 5-1/4" and scored along the 6" side at 2" & 4". Once scored, fold in like an accordion and glue the left side into your card.

For the front of your card, you can die-cut (or cut or punch) any shape that you want. Whatever shape you choose, you will fit that back through like a puzzle piece and glue it to the front of your folded panel on the inside. Make sure to only add glue where necessary and don't glue your card shut.



Speaking about cutting out that shape, let's just ooooooh and aaaaaaah over those Rectangle Stitched Framelits, shall we?! Not only am I in love with anything that faux stitches (I don't sew, but love the look), but these dies stitch the positive AND negative pieces!! How awesome is that?!

I'll end my post here because I can't really top that excitement. haha. But seriously, thanks for stopping by & I hope you will give this "fun fold" a try. It's one of the easier ones out there and you can get so many different looks depending on the shape & stamps you choose. If you do give it a try, I'd love for you to share it with me (find me on most social platforms @hofkissed).

Don't forget to hop along to all the other awesome people below. ;)

1. A La Cards (Leena)

2. Lolly & Sand (Sandy)
3. justBstamping (Barb)
4. Stamping with Jen (Jen)
5. Hofkissed (Steph) << You Are Here

Until next time, stay crafty!

Steph



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$7.25
Big Shot
[143263]
$150.00

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!