Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

3.15.2018

Watercolouring Meets Embossing

Welcome to another month of blog hopping! I hope you'll hop along with all of us... find all the links below. ;) This month we're showcasing embossing! This was, and still is, a big WOW when I'm creating. I've been watercolouring a lot lately, so I thought I mix it with some embossing and see what came from it.


I started by embossing the large floral image in white and then, using my Aqua Painter & Inks, I started watercolouring the image & surrounding area. Having the embossed outline kinda keeps the colour where you want it and you're not left with a bold outline. When I watercolour, I just wing it and see where the colours take me. 


Once the paper was all dry, I added the smaller floral image and embossed those in copper. I added them to the inside of the card too (see below). So this is sorta a double-embossed card.


You may have noticed the thin twine/thread wrap on the front of my card. I wanted to add ribbon or twine, but without the bulk. I grabbed my White Twine and pulled it apart like so:


You get four single strands and I mixed those with Copper Thread, wrapping all together around my card a few times and tying in a bow. To finish things off, I added some Wink of Stella to the flower for a hint of glimmer. It's a shame that doesn't show well in photos!


The Rose Wonder Stamp Set is one I've owned for a long time, but sadly, have rarely used. I think I've got to make more of an effort to ink it up now & then. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other bloggers:




1. A La Cards (Leena)
2. Lolly & Sand (Sandy)
3. justBstamping (Barb)
4. Stamping with Jen (Jen)
5. Hofkissed (Steph) << You Are Here





Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph



If you would like to purchase Stampin' Up! or take a class, visit www.hofkissed.stampinup.net or check me out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hofkissed


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00

3 comments:

  1. Your card definitely has a WOW! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your writing
    style is awesome, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!